The Green Flag Community Award is the national award recognising high-quality green spaces managed by voluntary and community groups.
All community green spaces that are easily accessible and open to the public (i.e. accessible to users during the day where no key/code is needed for entry) are eligible for the award. These include:
- Community gardens
- Nature reserves
A full list of the criteria used to judge Green Flag community sites is available here. Email Cara Johnston for all enquiries (email@example.com).
Green Flag Community Award winners in Northern Ireland
We extend our congratulations to the following sites for 2021/22:
- Ballyeaston Church Ruin – Ballyeaston Village Committee
- Footprints Women's Centre
- Rathfern Activity Centre – Rathfern Community Regeneration Group
- Sentry Hill Community Garden - Sentry Hill Community Garden Group
- Shellinghill Park and Millennium Path- Cullybackey Community Partnership
- Toome Linear Park – TIDAL
Managed in Northern Ireland by